Lets Encrypt Solairs 11

Hey Guys,
Unlucky we have exactly one web server running on Solaris … My job is to change every certificate to Letsencrypt and i don’t get the Letsencrypt Client running on Solaris 11.3 .
Running the lets encrypt client standalone would be totally fine for me.
I don’t need any plugins like apache. Did someone manage to get the client running on solaris? Could u please tell me how you would install it on a plain sol 11.3 machine?
Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Some of the other clients have fewer dependencies so maybe one of them would be easier to get running on Solaris.

I'm sorry not to know specifically of one that's sure to work for you.

There are also people working on a remote-webroot feature (where you could run the client easily on a separate machine from the web server but still perform an automated validation), but I don't think that's done yet.

remote-webroot is available in getssl (one of the alternate clients )

1 Like

Nice! That might be a reasonable option for relatively-automated cert deployment on Solaris if it proves to be difficult to run a client directly on the Solaris machine.

If I’m not mistaken, Solaris 11 is shipped with Perl installed (5.8.4 and 5.12). You can try Crypt::LE, which has been tested on multiple platforms (Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Windows (Cygwin), etc.) with Perl versions from 5.8.9 and up installed. I would imagine it should work on Solaris box just as fine.

Hi,

You may try my pure bash client: https://github.com/Neilpang/le

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.