Lets Encrypt Request Fail Too many certificates

Hi,

I am getting following error can you people guide me how to resolve it.

There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: knowbase.sotful.com
Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.

The short answer is that you have obtained 5 certificates for your domain (knowbase.sotful.com) in the past 24 hours, and hence run into the rate limit.

To obtain more certificates you need to wait.

What command are you running ? and what is wrong with the certificates you already have ?

Hi,

We tried to get the certificate first and getting the error :request failed
: Expected certificate file /etc/letsencrypt/keys/cert.pem was not found
therefore i tried many times can u please give the solution for the above
error.

Regards Talha

Can you tell me exactly what commands you were runnning please ?

can you also provide the details from “Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.” It may be easier to paste the log in pastebin.com

yes i did from virtualmin , now i tried with certbot command ./certbot-auto config_changes -d aleresoftware.com -d www.aleresoftware.com and getting the successfull message IMPORTANT NOTES:

• Congratulations! Your certificate and chain have been saved at
    /etc/letsencrypt/live/aleresoftware.com-0001/fullchain.pem. Your
    cert will expire on 2017-01-11. To obtain a new or tweaked version
    of this certificate in the future, simply run certbot-auto again
    with the “certonly” option. To non-interactively renew all of
    your certificates, run “certbot-auto renew”

but when i open the web it show me previous certificate .

So, you have a certificate at /etc/letsencrypt/live/aleresoftware.com-0001/fullchain.pem

Since you did it from certbot, rather than viirtualmin, you will need to manually install the certificate into your virtualmin - https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/tutorial/how-to-add-an-ssl-certificate

but when i did from virtual min there was no need for dedicated ip. it gets the certificated and all the stuff.

Now, it is there any way to install with shared ip ?

Hi,

log file details:

2016-10-13 07:25:05,375:DEBUG:certbot.main:Root logging level set at 20
2016-10-13 07:25:05,375:INFO:certbot.main:Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
2016-10-13 07:25:05,384:DEBUG:certbot.main:certbot version: 0.9.2
2016-10-13 07:25:05,384:DEBUG:certbot.main:Arguments: [’-d’, ‘aleresoftware.com’, ‘-d’, ‘www.aleresoftware. com’]
2016-10-13 07:25:05,385:DEBUG:certbot.main:Discovered plugins: PluginsRegistry(PluginEntryPoint#standalone, PluginEntryPoint#manual,PluginEntryPoint#nginx,PluginEntryPoint#webroot,PluginEntryPoint#apache,PluginEntry Point#null)
2016-10-13 07:25:05,411:INFO:certbot.reverter:Certbot has not saved backups of your configuration

Yes, the certificates work fine with SNI on shared IP.

You started with an error of "Too many certificates" for knowbase.sotful.com
You provided the log file for aleresoftware.com - which doesn't have this issue, and hence the log file doesn't show the issue. Can I ask that we deal with one topic at a time please ? or at least make it clear what topic / question you are asking.

Hi,

Actually the thing is i tried for knowbase.sotful.com it was blocked then. Now, therefore for new domain aleresoftware.com i requested ssl from virtual min i get the error Expected certificate file /etc/letsencrypt/keys/cert.pem was not found so i am so confused what to can you please help for aleresoftware.com how to fixed it .

Regards Talha

You would need to check with the virtualmin implementation of LE for that, I’m not familiar with it.

The path looks wrong though, it shouldn’t be /etc/letsencrypt/keys/cert.pem by default (which may be why it’s failing). I don’t know if that is something that’s set in the virtualmin config or not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.