Let's Encrypt in sub-domain

Let's Encrypt ssl is not working in my Sub-domain. I using Positive SSL for my main domain and want to use Let's Encrypt free SSL for my sub-domain.

My domain is: training.letsconfig.com

I ran this command:
curl https://get.acme.sh | sh
.acme.sh/acme.sh --issue -d training.letsconfig.com -w /home/phakaw/training.letsconfig.com/

It produced this output:
[Sat Jul 9 01:45:19 EDT 2022] Using CA: https://acme.zerossl.com/v2/DV90
[Sat Jul 9 01:45:19 EDT 2022] Create account key ok.
[Sat Jul 9 01:45:19 EDT 2022] No EAB credentials found for ZeroSSL, let's get one
[Sat Jul 9 01:45:19 EDT 2022] acme.sh is using ZeroSSL as default CA now.
[Sat Jul 9 01:45:19 EDT 2022] Please update your account with an email address first.
[Sat Jul 9 01:45:19 EDT 2022] acme.sh --register-account -m my@example.com
[Sat Jul 9 01:45:19 EDT 2022] See: ZeroSSL.com CA · acmesh-official/acme.sh Wiki · GitHub
[Sat Jul 9 01:45:19 EDT 2022] Please add '--debug' or '--log' to check more details.
[Sat Jul 9 01:45:19 EDT 2022] See: How to debug acme.sh · acmesh-official/acme.sh Wiki · GitHub

My web server is (include version): Namecheap cPanel

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
cPanel - 102.0.18
WordPress - 6

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Namecheap

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

1 Like

By default, acme.sh requests certificates from the ZeroSSL CA. Hence the output you are seeing is related to ZeroSSL and not Let's Encrypt.

5 Likes

Oh.. Okay..
Can you forward me to some direction to solve this issue?

1 Like

I do not recommend using curl to download something and immediately run the result.

Further more, acme.sh is rather poorly documentated if you ask me, but I believe its documentation can be found on its Github repository: GitHub - acmesh-official/acme.sh: A pure Unix shell script implementing ACME client protocol and the Wiki there.

Also, do you wish to keep using Let's Encrypt or do you want to switch to ZeroSSL?

4 Likes

I want to use Let's Encrypt.

3 Likes

In that case, please see Change default CA to ZeroSSL · acmesh-official/acme.sh Wiki · GitHub

5 Likes

Will that make any issue with my main domain? Currently i have Positive SSL running with my main domain.

1 Like

Does your main domain with Positive SSL use acme.sh?

Also, there are multiple options you can choose from in the guide I've linked to. But everywhere the author claims existing certificates won't change CA. But if your main domain doesn't even use acme.sh, that isn't relevant at all...

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.