Is it possible to transform a ssl let's encrypt certificate for a single domain into a multidomain SAN certificate?

Is it possible to transform a ssl let’s encrypt certificate for a single domain into a multidomain SAN certificate? If possible, how to do it?
It is installed in a shared hosting in apache where I have 2 domains and a subdomain. I requested it for a domain, but now the subdomain is forced to https and it shows me the 404 error.
I have thought that: either I converted the certificate into multidomain, or I would have to get a new multidomain SAN certificate …
Thank you very much for the suggestions

No. Get a new one.

1 Like

Certificates are signed documents. Modifying this document in any way would invalidate the signature making the resulting document worthless (a web browser will reject it for example).

However, you can ask Let’s Encrypt to issue you a new certificate with more names in it, if you can prove you control those names too, and they will sign that new certificate. If you use the “certbot” software the easiest way to do this is by using the --expand command flag which you should read about in their documentation. Otherwise, just ask for a new certificate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.