iOS says certificate not trusted after renewal

My domain is: www.stonewharf.nl

I ran this command: my directadmin made a renewal for the certificate

It produced this output: from this moment it gives on iOS every 10 seconds a certificate not trusted message. The certificate says server01.visuveel.nl, that’s from the hosting. This happend earlier, then my Googling action told me to delete the mailbox and re-add it. That did solve the issue then, but not this time. And I can’t/won’t every 3 months delete mailboxes for every domain for every user.

So is there anyone who can help me with some possible actions? I can’t believe this is common behaviour and I can’t find recent cases with solutions on Google either.

My web server is (include version): I don’t know?

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Cent OS 6

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: reseller machine of visuveel.nl / eswebmedia.nl

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): DirectAdmin

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): Not using Certbot

SSL is working fine

It sounds like something is going wrong with certificate installation after Virtualmin renews the certificate. First place I would look is your virtual host configuration.

I’m not sure how much help you’ll ultimately be able to find on this forum, as this is more of a web hosting panel issue more than a Let’s Encrypt one. You might have better luck also posting this at https://forum.virtualmin.com, or if you have a paid support licence with them, that’d be the place to go.

Hope you find an answer.

Hi @MiKeZZa

the result is expected. Not your main domain, not your mail.stonewharf.nl has the typical mail ports (25, 465, 587, 993, 995).

But your MX mail.stonewharf.nl / port 443 - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=mail.stonewharf.nl#connections - has the wrong certificate:

CN=server01.visuveel.nl
expires in 87 days	server01.visuveel.nl - 1 entry

So if a client tries to connect your MX, the certificate is wrong.

How to fix? I don't know, that's a config problem of your system.

Hi @JuergenAuer thank you for your reply. Good to hear that there is a problem. But said that you can’t help me solve it. I really don’t know too. Maybe my hoster knows.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.