File
« /usr/bin/virtualenv », line 5, in from pkg-resources
import load_entry_point

ImportError:
No module named pkg_resources

When I tried a : sh +x letsencrypt-auto
–apache -d domain.fr –debug

I saw the error below:
letsencrypt-auto: line 186: /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/pip: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
letsencrypt-auto: line 191: /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/pip: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
letsencrypt-auto: line 193: /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/pip: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
letsencrypt-auto: line 194: /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/pip: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
Requesting root privileges to run with virtualenv: /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt --apache -d domain.fr --debug
letsencrypt-auto: line 204: /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/pip: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type

Sounds like you need to update/install setuptools.

To be honest, I have a hard time understanding why someone who doesn’t care about their OS not receiving security updates, would want to use letsencrypt.

You might want to consider one of the more basic clients like acme-tiny. It does require a better understanding on how to set things up, but it is far more likely to be compatible with a (relatively speaking) ancient distro.

how about you update to an a BIT newer version. deb6 has at least LTS.