Installation goes wrong

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: debumkes.nl

I ran this command:
(i got this from the Domoticz site: Native secure access with Lets Encrypt - Domoticz)

cd /etc
sudo git clone GitHub - certbot/certbot: Certbot is EFF's tool to obtain certs from Let's Encrypt and (optionally) auto-enable HTTPS on your server. It can also act as a client for any other CA that uses the ACME protocol.
cd letsencrypt
sudo ./letsencrypt-auto

all goes well, but last command gives an error (i think 'letsencrypt-auto' does not exist)

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Raspberry Pi

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
n/a

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

why would you install certbot by cloning the repository? that guide is extremely old, before certbot was called certbot and it was developed by the eff.

oldness nothwithstanding, they also tell you to use snap, after. if you don't want to use snap, you can pip install certbot or you can use another acme client

2 Likes

let me elaborate on this: it's probable that you'll need to compile those packages locally. If you want to avoid doing that, read here: https://www.piwheels.org/

1 Like

There's not much compiling involved with Python. At least not the beasts of packages requiring hours of compilation..

2 Likes

if you have the right wheels, yes. and it looks like piwheels is included by default on raspbian.

(I fought it because I had a flask application using numpy and matplotlib running in docker on a pi -- the docker image obviously had no armv8 wheels configured)

1 Like

True, there are a few packages with a lot / primarily non-Python code such as numpy.

2 Likes

Yep, cryptography too. (Some rust code)

Not only architecture, but also OS dependent: cryptography · PyPI

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.