I renewed my certificate, but have a SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: clubedenegociadores.com www.clubedenegociadores.com clubedenegociadores.com.br

I ran this command: sudo /opt/bitnami/bncert-tool

It produced this output: "The Bitnami HTTPS Configuration Tool succeeded in modifying your installation".

My web server is (include version): AWS ligthsail

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): bitnami wordpress 5.6.1-1

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no. I am using a ssh access

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

I don't see your new certificate. https://crt.sh/?q=clubedenegociadores.com

What commands did you run?

Read here: Early renewal for bncert (bitnami) - #24 by hellogossh

2 Likes

Hi @franciscofgb and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

You probably ran a command that was supposed to renew your cert (but failed to do so).
[Perhaps it thought it wasn't yet time to renew and did nothing at all.]
Are there any logs of the request/attempt.

2 Likes

I used This:

Approach B: Self-contained Bitnami installations

If you are prompted to manually revoke a certificate, follow the steps below:

• Enable dummy certificates in your web server configuration file by adding the following lines to the /opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/bitnami/bitnami.conf file:
  SSLCertificateFile "/opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.crt"
  SSLCertificateKeyFile "/opt/bitnami/apache2/conf/server.key"
  • Restart your web server and ensure it does not fail:
sudo /opt/bitnami/ctlscript.sh restart apache
  • Once the web server is configured to use dummy certificates, revoke the certificate with Lego. Remember to replace EMAIL and DOMAIN with the email address and main domain associated to the certificate, respectively:
sudo /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt/lego --path /opt/bitnami/letsencrypt --tls --email=EMAIL --domains=DOMAIN revoke

And follow this tutorial:

https://lightsail.aws.amazon.com/ls/docs/en_us/articles/amazon-lightsail-using-lets-encrypt-certificates-with-wordpress

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.