I delete all certificate, how his restore?

i delete all in /etc/letsencrypt
what i can do, what restore my ssl?

If you’re unable to restore the files, that’s not too bad. Let’s Encrypt will happily let you register a new account and get a new certificate for the same domain(s). Just follow the exact same instructions you used initially to get the certificate. :wink:

but, after delete i generate all limit and then i get this error:

An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: domain.com
Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details

That means you issued more than 5 certificate with the exact same domains, or more than 20 certificates for subdomains below your domain. The rate limits will reset 7 days from your first issuance this week. You can find more details about the rate limits here.

If you ran into the rate limit for duplicate certificates (5/week), you can get around that by adding another subdomain. Short of that, you’ll either have to find a way to restore the files (which Let’s Encrypt can’t help you with - the private key is not shared with anyone) or wait 7 days.

How can I apply for the removal of all certificates in 7 days?

They don’t get removed, they just don’t count against your rate limit after 7 days, and you’ll be able to start issuing new certificates. This is just a way for Let’s Encrypt to prevent abuse and/or people accidentally issuing thousands of certificates for the same set of domains in short periods of time because of a bug.

There’s nothing you need to do on your end other than wait.

Thank you.!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.