I am trying to install ssl certificate but I am getting error

Whel I try to install certificate I am getting this issue -
Certbot has set up a scheduled task to automatically renew this certificate in the background.

Deploying certificate
Error in checking parameter list: AH00526: Syntax error on line 8 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/default-ssl.conf:
AllowOverride not allowed in context

Could not install certificate

NEXT STEPS:

• The certificate was saved, but could not be installed (installer: apache). After fixing the error shown below, try installing it again by running:
    certbot install --cert-name replistinc.com

Apache is unable to check whether or not the module is loaded because Apache is misconfigured.

Well:

And the error points to:

So your Apache webserver appears to be misconfigured indeed.

Please fix the AllowOverride problem and try to install your certificate again using the command suggested in the "NEXT STEPS" output.

1 Like

my certificate has been installed but still not working

Found the following certs:
Certificate Name: replistinc.com
Serial Number: 305fa97230b84a4602bb043a84aa805e99d
Key Type: RSA
Domains: replistinc.com www.replistinc.com
Expiry Date: 2024-03-21 09:13:11+00:00 (VALID: 89 days)
Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/replistinc.com/fullchain.pem
Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/replistinc.com/privkey.pem

site getting nor secure

Please see my previous post.

1 Like

TCP port 443, which is the HTTPS port, seems to be closed by some kind of firewall.

Also note that for the domain replistinc.com an HTTP to HTTPS redirect is in place, but not for www.replistinc.com.

2 Likes

Please see my edit in my previous post, the edit and your new post probably crossed each other.

1 Like

please guide me, how can I set

You need to modify the redirect in the VirtualHost for port 80. Probably to be like the one you have for replistinc.com

If you need help please start by showing result of this

sudo apache2ctl -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS
2 Likes

Looks like a certificate was issued: 22 Dec 2023 09:13:12 UTC see Hardenize Report: replistinc.com

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.