I added three wild card sub domain to same server IP and try to add the SSL. It worked for few hours but after that it again stopped and giving a connection error. So please help me

I added three wild card sub domain to same server IP and try to add the SSL. It worked for few hours but after that it again stopped and giving a connection error. So please help me

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Hi Thanks for quick reply.

Please refer below my details -
A) My domain is: pasa.skop.es, rcsa.skop.es, cp2.skop.es or any wild card domain like er.skop.es etc.

B) I ran this command:
I tried two methods -

1. First I just run command - certbot --authenticator standalone --installer apache -d pasa.skop.es --pre-hook “service apache2 stop” --post-hook “service apache2 start”
    This installed the SSL and i was able to see https. But after few hours it stopped.
  2. Second I again tried and add the domain to server first. Then I run command - certbot --apache -d pasa.skop.es It also worked but after few hours it stopped.

C) It produced this output: No issue i got during the assigning of SSL to domain.

D) My web server is (include version): Dedicated Linux Vultr DO server

E) The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu

F) My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Vultr DO

G) I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes I can run in my SSH

H) I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No I have only my SSH access and handle everything from there.

So please check my comments and help me to fix.

Could you run certbot certificates so we can see where you've ended up with the certificates that are currently installed?

As in the current certificate mismatch error that I see when trying to access it, or some other kind of problem?

OK thanks sending you screenshot of above command.

This is the screenshot -

Please help me to fix. If you have seen some issue.

It looks like your cp2 certificate is taking priority in your server configuration for some reason. Did you edit your Apache configuration manually at some point? Or were the certificates installed only by Certbot?

Certificates were installed from certbot command. I didn’t add manually.

Maybe you could run this command?

grep -ir sslcert /etc/apache2

What this command will do. Could you please explain me

It will search for lines in your Apache configuration that contain the term sslcert, in order to see which parts of your Apache configuration are pointed at which certificates.

OK thanks for explaining.
This is the result -

Please help me to fix this issue.

Your pasa.skop.es certificate is never referenced anywhere in your Apache configuration. Are you sure you ran the exact command that you showed us above (certbot --apache -d pasa.skop.es), and not some other form using certbot certonly or something?

Yes I ran same command that you said and also sending you screenshot where you can see working.
URL - http://console.skop.es/command-run.png

Also now pasa https working but after few hour it will be stopped to work.
This is an issue i am getting. So please help me to fix it.

Are you around or there. Please reply me.

The certificate is now working properly on your site!

Yes it is working now but after few hours it will not. This is the issue we got.
I ran command now again so it is working. Otherwise it was not. So please help me.

While it’s working properly, please make a backup of your Apache configuration with a command like

sudo tar -czvf /tmp/apache-configuration.tar.gz /etc/apache2

If it stops working again later, please ping me again on the forum and I’ll take a look at the site then, and we can also then compare the backup to the Apache configuration and see if something on your system is changing the Apache configuration somehow.