How to remove a domain from a certificate

My domain is:

I ran this command:
sudo ./letsencrypt-auto delete -d cle-france.com -d www.cle-france.com

It produced this output:
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Which certificate(s) would you like to delete?

1: bell-computing.com
2: gourmetbritain-competition.com

Select the appropriate numbers separated by commas and/or spaces, or leave input
blank to select all options shown (Enter ‘c’ to cancel):

My web server is (include version):
apache/nginx
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
ubuntu 16.04.4

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
serverpilot on digitalocean droplet

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no

I just want to remove the domains I no longer use not the entire containing certificates

What command did you use to create the certificate originally? What does “sudo ./letsencrypt-auto certificates” show?

You have to run a command similar to the one used to create the certificate, with the complete list of names in the new certificate (minus the ones being removed), and the --cert-name option to specify the name of the certificate you’re replacing.

For example, if you ran:

sudo ./letsencrypt-auto --apache -d bell-computing.com -d cle-france.bell-computing.com -d cle-france.com -d cle.bell-computing.com -d ...

you might need to use:

sudo ./letsencrypt-auto --apache --cert-name bell-computing.com -d bell-computing.com -d cle-france.bell-computing.com -d cle.bell-computing.com -d ...

The “delete” command is only for deleting all of a certificate’s files.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.