How to install Intermediate/Chain Certificate?

My domain is: overloadromania.ml

My web server is (include version): nginx

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): windows 10

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: infinity free

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): i dont know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): infinity free control panel / cpanel epizy/ vista panel

The problem:
I made a SSL check because I got this error in Facebook Sharing Debugger:
-Can’t validate SSL Certificate. Either it is self-signed (which will cause browser warnings) or it is invalid.

The SSL Check said: The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate.

So I got a Chain Certificate from whatsmychaincert.com but I don’t know what to do with it. I dont know a thing in php/html etc etc, Someone please explain me step-by-step, if i m not asking too much

Hi @vlad19191,

Welcome to the community forum!

Your DNS appears to be broken because no A record is being returned for your domain.

$ dig +short overloadromania.ml

$ echo | openssl s_client -connect overloadromania.ml:443 -servername overloadromania.ml
130699805992768:error:2008F002:BIO routines:BIO_lookup_ex:system lib:crypto/bio/b_addr.c:724:Name or service not known
connect:errno=22

$ telnet overloadromania.ml 443
telnet: overloadromania.ml: Name or service not known
overloadromania.ml: Unknown host
2 Likes

This is what i get in the SSL Report:
------This server’s certificate chain is incomplete*. Grade capped to B.
------This server supports TLS 1.1. Grade will be capped to B from January 2020
so, how could i complete the certificate chain?

I see you do have a Let’s Encrypt cert applied, that’s good.

$ echo | openssl s_client -connect overloadromania.ml:443 -servername overloadromania.ml 2>/dev/null | openssl x509 -noout -issuer -startdate -enddate
issuer=C = US, O = Let's Encrypt, CN = Let's Encrypt Authority X3
notBefore=Jan 13 06:10:21 2020 GMT
notAfter=Apr 12 06:10:21 2020 GMT

You stated that you used the infinity free control panel/cpanel epizy/vista panel, but which was it? Those appear to be three separate products. Assuming that you used the infinity free control panel, what do you see at https://app.infinityfree.net/acmeDomains ?

|overloadromania.ml|Verified 1 Active|
|overloadromania.tk|Not Verified 0 Active|

and this is the control panel: https://cpanel.epizy.com/panel/

Inside the control panel how did you issue a Let’s Encrypt cert? Typically I would expect to see the AutoSSL plugin, but with Infinity Free’s cpanel I do not see it. Inside the SSL/TLS tab I only see the option to use a “premium” certificate.

I got the ssl from: https://app.infinityfree.net/acmeDomains
i pressed “add ssl domain” and i followed the steps

Gotcha. That seems like a bug with InfinityFree then. Have you tried posting on their forum?

1 Like

I’ll try right know, thank you very much for your time

1 Like

Best of luck @vlad19191

1 Like