Link intermediate /chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate

After installing SSL on website SSL shopper shows error

The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. Learn more about this error. The fastest way to fix this problem is to contact your SSL provider.

error link https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=dentist-farnborough.co.uk

My domain is: dentist-farnborough.co.uk

My web server is (include version): LiteSpeed

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Linux

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Hostinger

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): no

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): panel from hostinger.

Generate SSL by the following document.

1 Like

Hi @muhammed

you use BitNinja, so it's impossible to see your connections via "check-your-website" to see your certificate chain.

General: If your chain is inclomplete, use fullchain.pem instead of cert.pem. fullchain.pem contains both certificates - yours and the intermediate certificate. You need both.

But I don't know how Litespeed wants the certificate.

3 Likes

I asked hostinger to fix this issue. They provided the above image, and me to fix from here.

That’s not a Letsencrypt certificate. That’s an unknown CA.

1 Like

@JuergenAuer

https://manage.sslforfree.com/certificate/install/5d363dc044b97d9a86e35ab9f5cea12a
SSL files downloaded from the above website

in a certificate field pasted certificate.crt

Private key: (KEY)* field pasted private.key

Certificate authority bundle (CABUNDLE) field pasted ca_bundle.crt

BitNinja need root access, I am working on a Shared Hosting on hostinger

Bitninja need root access, I am working on shared hosting at Hostinger.

I can't be certain about how Hostinger or SSL For Free work, but it sure sounds like you did everything correctly.

And yet the web server isn't using the CA bundle, so you're getting errors.

You need to talk to Hostinger or SSL For Free to clarify what's going on.

1 Like

i think sslfo free and lets-encrypt were same.

Not really.

Let’s Encrypt has a public API. Anyone can write software implementing the ACME specification and issue certificates.

SSL For Free used to get certificates from Let’s Encrypt. Now they use one or more CAs.

You got a Let’s Encrypt certificate a month ago – why do you need a new one? – but your certificate from today was issued by a different CA.

Edit: You also have a certificate from DigiCert that expires next year.

2 Likes

Created a Lets encrypt a month ago, but its had same issue, So I am again tried to generated new one. this time generated from zerossl.

There’s nothing wrong with the certificate itself.

For some reason, the web server is not configured correctly.

From what you’ve said, and from the Hostinger documentation you linked to, you did everything correctly.

So you need to ask Hostinger what’s going on.

2 Likes

I’m using Hostinger and I have changed sslfree to https://www.shieldsigned.com/

Check it out!

1 Like

@jorgesamayoac
Thank you, dear. I am very happy with the mentioned website, it is fixed… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please share it to everyone!

SSLfree is past, ShieldSigned is the future to free SSL!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

sure, also informed hostinger too. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.