How do I install Let's Encrypt ssl certificate on my site

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.spotydesigns.com.ng

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @Spotydesigns

if it's not possible to answer these questions: Ask your hoster.

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

You're asking quite specifically how to install a certificate. Therefore, I assume you've already got a certificate issued?

Also, please answer all the other questions of the questionnaire, not just the one @JuergenAuer mentioned. It's there for a reason. Without those answers it's very cumbersome to help you further. I even might think you're just spamming your site, the way you've opened this thread like this.

Thanks Osiris,

It is just that I don't really know how to go about it. I am not a pro.
In fact, I think the question should be " How do I renew SSL on my site".
There was one before but expired now.

Please help.
Thanks

Then read required basics:

And select a client

install the client and create your first certificate.

Then you are able to answer all of the required questions.

1 Like

That really depends on how your certificate was issued and installed in the first place. Without that knowledge, it's really a guessing game. Or at least makes helping you much much harder. Do you know how your certificate was issued and installed previously?

Edit:
Are you sure there were certificates issued for your domain (crt.sh | spotydesigns.com) in the past? If you look at the crt.sh-link, there are no certificates for your domain name, only for a very similar looking domain, but with the .com.ng TLD.

Please, it is spotydesigns.com.ng

@Spotydesigns, this question is the most important. Did you do this yourself? Did you have someone else do it for you? Did it come as part of your web hosting plan?

What I see at

is

(1) you were previously getting a certificate automatically with cPanel (and it was working OK ever since 2019)—do you still use that cPanel? Could you use the same method that you used in the past to get the certificate via cPanel, instead of outside of cPanel?

(2) you have a newly-issued certificate today from ZeroSSL (not Let's Encrypt, a different CA)—can you use that one on your site?

(3) you have a newly-issued certificate today from Let's Encrypt, but it incorrectly covers spotydesigns.com.spotydesigns.com.ng rather than spotydesigns.com.ng—how did you get that one, and could you follow the same process, but without duplicating the domain name this way?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.