How can I make a free SSL Portal for my clients

Hi There!

I am looking to develop a system using Let’s encrypt acme client for my clients.
I have a hosting reseller account and I want to provide my customers free wildcard ssl (if possible) or simply SSL Certificates.

Provided that I have a Public (Static IP) VPS server along with Sudo/root access 15 GB disc space.
That client will be visible to my users only and my clients will have an dns option to renew the certificate every 90 days.

How can I do it? Thanks for the help!

1 Like

For example I would like to make something like InfinityFree’s Free SSL portal:
app.infinityfree.net/AcmeDomains

Can I get some links to get started?

1 Like

Does it work for my clients rightly?
I need more help, as I have already seen these two things.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this Community is the right place to ask such “complicated” questions. Normally, when someone would set up such a elaborate system, the person asking help doesn’t need help with everything. I would think the person asking for help has more than basic knowledge of ACME, ACME clients, the system they are setting up for their clients et cetera and needs a few pointers for some details. Not help with setting up everything.

Personally, I think this Community isn’t for this kind of things.

That said the best thing to offer your clients is a web panel with integrated Let’s Encrypt support.

4 Likes

I’m sorry if I am not right here.
But I need a system to send requests, all I can afford is a root vps and certbot or any other thing.
I have already referred to the post: I have a hosting company I want Let'sEncrypt Certificates

1 Like

Building a multi-tenant hosting system with Let’s Encrypt integration isn’t straightforward. Nobody is going to build a hosting business for you, and not for free.

The turnkey solutions to do so are out there (WHMCS, WHM/cPanel, Plesk, ISPConfig, VestaCP, etc). Some of them like VestaCP are even free and include Let’s Encrypt integrations.

If you’re not able to built this yourself, then you should use one of those solutions. Or come up with a more realistic picture of what it takes (money, skills) to achieve your goals.

3 Likes

Who said I am going for free?
I am ready to pay, but not atleast on WHMCS. I am making my custom client.
btw I am a reseller of MOFH
So you might know that thing.

Even infinity is a reseller and he has this system.

1 Like

OK.

So download an ACME library in your programming language of choice, and integrate it into your custom client.

That is what everybody else is doing.

It’s up to you to create the “glue” - the user interface, the workflows for users to connect their domains, the management of certificate lifecycle. The ACME library will get you the certificates themselves.

2 Likes

Can I use certbot to forward requests?
Cloudflare for dns?

How ZeroSSL or SSLforFree was made then?

They were made using ACME libraries in JavaScript and PHP, respectively.

(Edit: Actually, I’m not certain the old sslforfree was PHP, but either way, some backend server language).

2 Likes

So there is no scope for me?

Why not? You can make your own, or you can use an existing hosting web panel/client management solution which already integrates it.

1 Like

But my reseller company has no integrations -_-

Right, probably InfinityFreeHosting disables AutoSSL on MOFH servers because they don’t want you to compete with their own paid offering.

You could just as easily use a reputable paid WHM reseller provider and not have to worry about doing all of this yourself. Free isn’t really free.

One minute.
You are actually thinking wrong.

How is that possible? MOFH is under iFastNet not Infinity Free. InfinityFree is under MOFH.
So this is an invalid statement.

iFastNet, InfinityFree and MOFH are all part of the same hosting group.

The MOFH PHP API client is even published in the InfinityFree GitHub org … https://github.com/InfinityFreeHosting/mofh-client

It doesn’t really matter either way, because there’s no other reason that they would intentionally gimp their own cPanel hosting.

3 Likes

ZeroSSL was made by making an effort to:

• Study an appropriate RFC for the ACME protocol.
  • Create a library implementing that protocol.
  • Create a site using the library to make it possible to generate LE certificates online, without installing anything (and in multiple languages).

But mostly it was made out of interest to the whole LE initiative in offering free SSL certificates and the engineering challenege in implementing the above :slight_smile:

So, as you can see, it is just 3 simple [in nature] steps. Start with understanding the RFC, then create your client and use it. Or, as suggested above, skip the first two steps and just use one of the many libraries already created by now. But you need to make an effort either way - this is what constitutes “helping” - you are actually trying to do something and if you have troubles on your way, then by describing what you have tried and what does not seem to work exactly, you might get help from the community.

2 Likes