How can i get free encrypt [cPanel | Arvixe]

I want to get a encrypt certificate but here i can not see how to get all i can see the home page Getting Started, Donate
when is enter the Getting Started there is available button Donate

it is compulsory to donate the amount to get the certificate

Hi @Rafi,

No donation is required in order to receive a certificate; they are always free of charge. Did you read the text on the Getting Started page?

https://letsencrypt.org/getting-started/

The way to get a certificate depends on the software environment for your site hosting. If you can provide more information about how your site is hosted, we may be able to give you more advice about how you can get a certificate for your site.

http://www.arvixe.com/ is my host and domain provider
and i talk with them they said i can get a third party certificate for my site
and using the cPanel 62.0.35
let me know if you need more detail from me

Could you ask the host if it’s possible for you to get your certificate inside of cPanel? On many hosts, this is possible and is the easiest option.

Already i have the certificate
they give me 3 different certificate

here are those type

1. BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST
  2. BEGIN CERTIFICATE
  3. BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY

Any reply for my last message @schoen

Please be patient. Not everybody lives in the same time zone as you do.

Further more, you began asking this thread with “How to get a certificate”. Now you’re saying you already have the certificate. So, in essence, the question of your thread has changed. But you never asked for anything else than “How to get a certificate”.

So… You might want to make your question more clear. What problem do you run into? What have you tried already? How do you think we can help specifically?

@Osiris I already mention in the first question anyway i’ll tell you more clear

I buy a domain but not encrypted. I ask the domain provider they give three type of Domain SSL certificate to transfer third party.
visit my site http://markatdesk.com/
This website i’m creating with Wordpress platform, cPanel, and my hosting provider arvixe.com

my friend refer me this website for free certificate. when i visit this site i’m not understand where i need to click and enter my information to get free Encrypt this site. Because in the home page i show two button

1. Getting started
  2. Donate

when i go Getting started i couldn’t find any link to enter my info there is also Donate button. and i ask a question is there any compulsory requirement to donate before get encrypt
i got a reply No donation is required then where can i go and get certificate how can i get it give me the link

I hope your understand my question
Thanks and regards
Rafilathif

I really don't have a clue. Now you ask again for a certificate. But here you say you already HAVE the certificate? What is it? Do you need one or do you HAVE one? Very confusing.

Further more, as @schoen already asked: have you read the text on the Getting Started page? It presents you with two situations: one with and one without shell access (with root privileges) to your server/hosting. Within those two sections, you can read more about how to get a certificate.

If anything isn't clear about the text presented there, please explain WHAT isn't clear and WHY it isn't clear. Do you miss anything? Or is it simply the fact you don't know if you have shell access or not? Does it lack enough explanation about what an ACME client is? Et cetera.

To answer your question directly (but please look at my text above): the Let's Encrypt site isn't a client. It only offers you information on how to get a certificate with an ACME client.

Simply i’m Asking to you my domain not encrypted i need to get https:// encrypt site how can i get it what information i need to provide to you

Really i don’t know i have shell access or not. Let me know how can i check because i’m a very new for creating a website

If you don't know you've got shell access or not, you problably don't have it. Here's a questionaire when people open a thread in the "Help" forum. Please answer as much of the questions as possible (I've already entered the domain name, the rest is up to you. If you don't know, that's OK, but give "don't know" as the answer):

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: markatdesk.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Hi @Rafi,

Differently from many services, Let’s Encrypt doesn’t allow you to interact with us via our web site or via our support staff in order to receive a certificate. Instead, you use special software to obtain the certificate. The software performs the interaction with the certificate authority automatically. There is no option to get the certificate directly on the Let’s Encrypt web site in any way, although there are third-party web sites that can let you obtain the certificate in your web browser (like https://www.zerossl.com/). This option has the disadvantage that it’s much less automated than some other tools, and the process would have to be repeated at least every three months.

In many hosting environments, you will need to coordinate with your hosting provider because you may not necessarily be given the ability to install certificates on your own, without the hosting provider’s permission or help. If you are given this ability, you may have an option inside a control panel where you can paste or upload certificates. Many hosting providers support Let’s Encrypt directly and give users a single button to click in a control panel to ask the hosting provider to obtain and install a certificate. As a result, users’ experience, and what the users are expected to do, varies extremely widely from one hosting provider to another.

My domain is: markatdesk.com

I ran this command: I didn’t run any command

It produced this output: I don’t know

My web server is (include version):CENTOS 6.9 x86_64 standard – dallas169 WHM 62.0 (build 35

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Linux

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: https://www.arvixe.com/

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t Know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cPanal WHM version 62.0.35

@Rafi The most straightforward thing for you to do is to ask your host whether they support AutoSSL (https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/Manage+AutoSSL) or an alternate plugin that supports Let’s Encrypt.

If yes, then you can use AutoSSL/the plugin, according to your host’s practices and documentation.

If not, then you will need to either use something like zerossl or other clients that are capable of running in a cPanel environment, which is fairly restrictive on what you are allowed to run.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.