Help with migrating to Let's encrypt

Hello,

I must migrate a site from another hosting to my VPS. The site is currently on cpanel hosting and secured with their cerificate.

I want to secue it with Let’s Encrypt after the migration. Do I do that like with any other site, since the cpanel autority’s certificate is still valid?

Will it produce and problems if I just get a new certificate via certbot on the new VPS?

Thanks in advance

Hi @markobugbg

if you use cPanel, it’s the best to use the cPanel-Letsencrypt-Plugin.

I don’t know what this plugin is doing. But one more certificate doesn’t hit any limit of Letsencrypt. So it’s the best way to create a new certificate.

You can use Certbot. But if you have already cPanel, use the cPanel-Plugin.

Thanks for the reply. I am transfering the site from cpanel to virtual private server.

Then you can use Certbot to get a new certificate. You can create 5 certificates with the same names in one week. So one new certificate isn't a problem.

There can be any number of simultaneously valid certificates from any number of different CAs for the same domain name. The certificates don't contradict or invalidate one another.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.