Help - Sysadmin login login lost due to death

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:bedarra.com
and others
I know we are using your service but I don't know for which domains other than this one? I just got an expiry notice but don't have our sysadmin login as sadly he died Sept 9.

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hello @DaveT, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry for your loss.

Here is the ICANN Lookup (i.e Who Is) on the above Domain Name.
I suggest contacting https://easydns.com/ as they are listed as the DNS Name Servers.

1 Like

We have several domains using Letsencrypt. However we don't know which of our several domains have Letsencrypt certificates, nor how to acquire or renew them as unfortunately, our sysadmin didn't provide us with his credentials for letsencrpyt.com.

Thanks
Dave

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss :frowning:

There are no credentials required for Let's Encrypt.
You only need to login to the server.

4 Likes

How does one know if a domain/server has a Letsencrypt certificate? Sorry for the dumb questions our wonderful sysadmin took care of all of the server, and domain support.

Thanks
Dave

2 Likes

The simplest place to look is:

4 Likes

@DaveT also SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs) is a good place to check for information on your Domain Certificates.

Here is bedarra.com results SSL Server Test: bedarra.com (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

Also DNS CAA DNS Certification Authority Authorization - Wikipedia can limit which Certificate Authorities can issue certificates for a given Domain.

3 Likes

Thanks Bruce and rg305 !!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.