Help - secure connection failed

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.ProjectGreenUSA.org

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): ionos.com

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: ZOHO.com

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Help - I can't connect to my site!!!
I get this error..
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.projectgreenusa.org. Peer reports it experienced an internal error.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

What kind of settings do you have available?

1 Like

I have no idea... The non profit site is hosted on Zoho and we got the cerificate automatically applied to the site and it was fine for the past 4 years... all of the sudden this week the site is not working..

Have you asked Zoho?

1 Like

Where would I even find the settings? Our web person is out of the country so we can't get help from him until he gets back in a month or so... trying to fix this sooner..

Somewhere inside the Zoho control panel. But if you haven't touched anything you should really ask Zoho.

(Or check if there's an ongoing incident)

4 Likes

I have asked the vial email to tech support... like 4 days ago so far no response. I will try again tomorrow...

This problem is very unusual, I must say.

You should try and speak to your web person. Is it possible it's something as mundane as "you forgot to pay Zoho"?

1 Like