Getting expiration notices but certificate has already been renewed

I’m getting expiration notices for a site whose certificate was auto-renewed a month ago. I’ve validated that the certificate is renewed both on the server and using a third party service:
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=zachleigh.com

Why am I still getting the expiration notices? Should I be worried?

Adding or removing domain names from a certificate causes them to be treated separately when it comes to expiration notices. See the documentation for details, specifically:

If your certificate is already renewed, we won’t send an expiry notice. We consider a certificate to be renewed if there is a newer certificate with the exact same set of names, regardless of which account created it. If you’ve issued a new certificate that adds or removes a name relative to your old certificate, you will get expiration email about your old certificate. If you check the certificate currently running on your website, and it shows the correct date, no further action is needed.

1 Like

Thank you @pfg . I did indeed add a domain to the certificate. Missed that one in the documentation. Thanks!

Hello @zachleigh,

You have issued 3 certs:

One for www.zachleigh.com and zachleigh.com that expires in 64 days that is the current one that you are using on your site.

One for www.zachleigh.com and zachleigh.com that expires in 4 days and as you already renewed it you should not receive mail notifications.

And one for zachleigh.com that expires in 4 days and I suppose that you are receiving mails because of this cert.

Anyway, nothing to worry about, your cert is correct ;).

Cheers,
sahsanu

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed info @sahsanu!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.