Get SAN certs for my Domain

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:triple-network.com

Wildcard Domain

*.triple-network.com

SAN Certs

sip.triple-network.com
dialin.triple-network.com
lyncdiscover.triple-network.com
accessedge.triple-network.com
meet.triple-network.com
webexsfb.triple-network.com
webcon.triple-network.com
officewebapps.triple-network.com
tnadfs.triple-network.com
sbc.triple-network.com
sbc1.triple-network.com
sbc2.triple-network.com

ExpresswayE.triple-network.com
cms.triple-network.com
webex.triple-network.com
rds.triple-network.com
vpn.triple-network.com
tnmail.triple-network.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Hosted in IPAGE

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: IPAGE

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Ahmed Hamad

all certs should be supported as below:
RSA 2048 Bits

sha256RSA

Server Authentication (1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.1)
Client Authentication (1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.2)

Hi @ahmedpower

please start with some basics:

Then share your environment (the questions you have seen).

If you have root access, select a client.

Then you can create certificates.

1 Like

Hi Juergen

It kind of hard process, is there anyway to get support from you guys to get the Public certs first ?
Thanks

No, it really isn't.

Yes, that's what you're doing here. But the support here expects you're going to do some homework and read the relevant documentation that's already been prepared.

One likely issue, though, is that Let's Encrypt won't issue a redundant cert. IOW, you won't be able to issue single cert that contains both *.triple-network.com and (say) sip.triple-network.com. This would be pointless, as *. would include sip., dialin., and the rest. But if you wanted to get the one wildcard cert, and another cert that includes any combination of the individual names, you'd be free to do that.

Ultimately, though, if your web hosting is through a hosting provider (and IPAGE says their hosting includes a free SSL cert), you should probably be asking them about how to go about getting/activating your cert.

2 Likes

Hi, it looks like iPage is a managed hosting provider, which means they need to be the ones to install a certificate for you. A ‘free SSL certificate’ is listed as one of their core features. Your first step should be to contact iPage’s support and ask them how to obtain and install a certificate. Once they’ve given you detailed instructions, if you run into any errors specific to Let’s Encrypt we can help you figure those out.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.