Générer un certificat https au format PFX

Bonjour,

Mes noms de domaine sont :

www.saintsulpicefrance.fr

www.generalsaintsulpice.org

Mon prestataire C3rb Informatique me demande de lui fournir un certificat https au format PFX afin qu’il puisse l’intégrer à mes deux sites web dans le but de les sécuriser.

Mes noms de domaines sont produits via OVH dont le service client m’a conseillé d’avoir recours à Let’s Encrypt pour générer des certificats de sécurisation.

Pourriez-vous m’indiquer s’il est possible de générer des certificats ssl au format PFX sur Let’s Encrypt ?

En vous remerciant

Bonjour @Saint_Sulpice,

You didn’t indicate whether you can understand replies in English, so I’ll hope that you can!

Let’s Encrypt certificates can definitely be converted to PFX format, but it’s not an encouraging sign that your hosting provider asked you to send a certificate file at all. Let’s Encrypt is designed around the concept of automation and discourages people from obtaining certificates manually. In connection with this, the lifetime of an individual Let’s Encrypt certificate is only 90 days, after which it must be replaced with a new certificate.

The recommended way to use Let’s Encrypt is to have the hosting provider use software to request certificates automatically, without human intervention. I would suggest asking your hosting provider to add Let’s Encrypt support within the hosting environment, or else switching to a different hosting provider that already supports Let’s Encrypt, or else paying for a 1-year paid certificate from a paid certificate authority. I don’t think you’ll have a good experience frequently obtaining Let’s Encrypt certificates manually and converting them to a different format.

Please let us know if you require a reply in French, or if you are still convinced that you want to proceed with using Let’s Encrypt in a manual way even though it may involve unnecessary effort.

1 Like

(si besoin de traduction de la réponse en Anglais, n’hésitez pas)

En résumé, c’est possible, mais les certificats Let’s Encrypt n’étant valable que 90j et nécessitant donc un renouvellement fréquent, c’est déconseillé si vous ne pouvez pas l’automatiser.

1 Like

Oui c’est tout à fait cela 90j c’est large, mais tu risques vites d’avoir une erreur de sécurité sur ton site si tu oublies de leur envoyer le nouveau certificat.

1 Like