Forged Certificates?

I received a notice of Expiry. I Do Not Own the TLD referenced. Someone has obviously forged the certificate using my preferred email address and name. How do I notify the Letsencrypt technical team?

Thanks,

Hello @wp-helpdesk, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry to hear that; but here is a Help Topic Thread on that subject:
https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/emails-about-certificate-expiry-for-domains-i-do-not-own/193055?u=bruce5051

1 Like

Sorry to hear that? Um, The Help article you reference, doesn't answer my question. Nor did it answer the original poster's question. The reply(ies) References to 3 places to go read, that do not answer the question. Does the Staff want to be notified? There's a contact us, but a ton of assumptions as well. Yes, email them. or No. No one cares? hm,

But Seroiusly, I'm not floundering on what all this means or implies. I know exactly what it means. Someone or some bot forged a cert with my credentials. This staff is going to ignore an obvious forgery using my email address? ok, I'll probably stop using LetsEncrypt certs as well.

1 Like

@lestaff looking for someone to offer a better answer.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here's the answer. Apologies.

2 Likes

It's not uncommon for a Let's Encrypt subscriber to enter the wrong e-mail address. When this happens, it does not grant that e-mail address' owner access to manage the subscriber's certificates, or vice versa.

Because of this, it's safe to ignore misdirected notification e-mails from Let's Encrypt.

If you like, you may use the unsubscribe link near the end of the message, although please be aware that this would unsubscribe your e-mail address from any future Let's Encrypt notifications.

5 Likes

Thanks JamesLE, ignore I will. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.