Fixing Invalid Domain

Hey.

I installed webmin on my server not too long ago and I proxied it under webmin.domain.com. After a while, domain.com expired and I didn't renew it. When that happened, I used rm -rf to delete it (which wasn't a good idea) and now I can't remove it with certbot delete.

Any help?

2 Likes

Hi @andymatax

if you use rm and if something doesn't work, use your backup to restore a working system.

If you don't have a backup, you should never use rm. Then start with a new system.

PS: That's not a Letsencrypt relevant question.

@JuergenAuer I think OP removed some files from a location not being /etc/letsencrypt/ with certbot now complaining about some files not being there for some reason. While I agree with the advice about backups, I believe it might be possible to fix the certbot issue regardless of a backup.

However, @andymatax doesn't give us much to work with. It would be very helpful to see the used certbot command and the output of it.

2 Likes

That leaves much to the imagination...
What exactly came after the rm -rf ?

2 Likes

It was rm -rf /etc/letsencrypt/example.com/example.com.conf. I don't have any backups but is there anything I can do to remove a redundant domain?

1 Like

Certbot doesn't generate that path, it probably was in /renewal/.

But please, share your exact certbot command and error/output. Without that we can keep guessing, but we won't be able to help you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.