Fixing expired certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:Nabuhenergy.co.uk

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): hosted with AWS

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): AWS

I cant find any support links on your site. I cant even find where the last people installed your certificate on the customers server.

The certificate expired yesterday:

Can you log into the server?

Hi,

Sorry, I didn’t set this up, all new to me. I think I have created a new certificate, I have two .pem files, which I have created today (twice I think, cos I thought I had done it wrong the first time). Im not sure they are in the right folder however.

I have managed to get SSH connection to the server. I think the Webroot folder is /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs but I am not 100% sure. If you have a good website with walkthrough instructions I am happy to follow them.

Thanks

Steven

I think I might have fixed it.

Not 100% sure Ive done it correctly however.

It seems that you figured it out:

Now you need to figure out how to get it to renew automatically and this will be fixed for good :slight_smile:

Hahaha,

Yeah, I think I’m going to leave that part till 11th Jan, then try. Don’t want to break it whilst I’m basking in the glory of fixing it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks for your help though!

STeven

Congrats on getting your site fixed! Note that Let’s Encrypt certificates are supposed to be renewed 30 days before they expire, so I’d recommend setting a calendar entry for December 17 to remind you to step out of the glory for a moment and set up automatic renewal. :smiley: You’ll start getting automatic reminder emails from Let’s Encrypt about 20 days before the certificate expires.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.