"Firewall problem"?

Hello, my certs are about to expire. I've had them for years, but I'm getting a "firewall problem" error now. I've stopped iptables and fail2ban, double checked my DNS entries and basically am at a stuck point. I have two subdomains in use "ampache.thechatpit.org" and "nextcloud.thechatpit.org" but am not looking for a wildcard cert.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

My domain is: thechatpit.org

I ran this command: sudo certbot renew

It produced this output: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)

My web server is (include version): Server version: Apache/2.4.47 (Unix)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Linux thechatpit.org 5.12.4-arch1-2 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat, 15 May 2021 20:58:02 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.15.0

2 Likes

It means just what it says; your web sites aren't accessible and need to be in order for Let's Encrypt to validate them. I can't get to them either. Some firewall or the like is blocking them, or the server isn't running.

1 Like

Yes, I just found the problem... port forwarding in the router. My bad, but thanks

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.