Failed to install Let's Encrypt for umecollection.net

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.umecollection.net

I ran this command: "https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-order" indicated an ACME error: 429 Too Many Requests (429 urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited (The request exceeds a rate limit) (Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: *.umecollection.net,umecollection.net: see Duplicate Certificate Limit - Let's Encrypt)).
It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): PHP 7.4.30

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): PHP 7.4.30

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Siteground

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Yes, Siteground

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

You seem to be serving the wrong certificate for your domain.

Using SSL Checker - Check SSL Certificate
It show me:

2 Likes

Adding on to @harrycranston53 comment ... I agree the cert you are sending does not have your domain name in it. Based on the name in the cert it looks like it is for a CDN from your hosting provider maybe.

Further, the error you got was for creating 5 identical certs in the past 7 days (see link in error message). In fact, you created 5 with a wildcard and 5 without so created 10 viable certs in past 2 days. Something is fundamentally wrong with your methods.

What ACME client are you using to create the certs? Or, are you using your control panel for that?

It would help to understand more of what you did so we can help you. Thank you.

Certificate chain
 0 s:/CN=cdn-edge-us-east1-4qg9.cdn.siteground.net
   i:/C=US/O=Let's Encrypt/CN=R3
 1 s:/C=US/O=Let's Encrypt/CN=R3
   i:/C=US/O=Internet Security Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1
 2 s:/C=US/O=Internet Security Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1
   i:/O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3
9 Likes

@umecollection I see your cert still is named for a CDN but more interesting is that the name is changed. I think you need to discuss with your hosting provider how to manage the certs.

Note this name is bf1n but yesterday was 4qg9

Certificate chain
 0 s:/CN=cdn-edge-us-east1-bf1n.cdn.siteground.net
   i:/C=US/O=Let's Encrypt/CN=R3
 1 s:/C=US/O=Let's Encrypt/CN=R3
   i:/C=US/O=Internet Security Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1
 2 s:/C=US/O=Internet Security Research Group/CN=ISRG Root X1
   i:/O=Digital Signature Trust Co./CN=DST Root CA X3

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.