Expired SSL Certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: https://ncbankruptcy.net/

My web server is (include version): hostgator

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): not sure

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: hostgator

I can login to a root shell on my machine: I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): file manager

I have this error because my ssl certificate is expired. SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

How can I delete the expired letsencrypt ssl? I have a comodo ssl setup through hostgator, but it hasn't kicked in. Was purchased in september. I just need some guidance for hostgator and how to get this error removed. let me know if more info is needed.

1 Like

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community :slightly_smiling_face:

We're happy to help. The information you've provided does not tell us very much though. How did you acquire and install the Let's Encrypt certificate the first time?

You can probably use the SSL/TLS icon in the Security section of cPanel. Try clicking on the Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates. link and clicking Install next to your new certificate. On the next screen you'll need to scroll all the way down to the bottom then click Install Certificate.

This may help:

Complete certificate history:

2 Likes

Hello, the security panel has helped immensely. I am working on getting the new certificate approved through hostgator. I have just the new ssl certificate on the website now. However, I just submitted a CSR. I will follow the recommended steps and see how the next couple of days turn out for the new certificate. Thank you so much.

3 Likes

Glad it helped. :slightly_smiling_face: You should be able to get a certificate for free...

3 Likes

Hi griffin. Thank you for your help. I figured out how to replace the expired certificate with the new one through Sitelock's TrueShield settings. It is now working! I appreciate you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.