Error with LetsEncrypt request

Hello everyone

I've been using Let's Encrypte for a year or so. I used to renewal it via my DirectAdmin SSL Certificates section. But recently, I cannot do that anymore. I get this error:

Getting challenge for fcbarcelona.ir from acme-server...
Nonce is empty. Exiting. dig output of acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org:
prod.api.letsencrypt.org.
ca80a1adb12a4fbdac5ffcbc944e9a61.pacloudflare.com.
Full nonce request output:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: nginx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:59:03 GMT
Content-Type: application/problem+json
Content-Length: 333
Connection: keep-alive
ETag: "60b6845f-14d"

I searched the internet for hours and I couldn't find a solution. I'm not that expert when it comes to SSH, but I can handle myself with enough help.

I'm looking forward to getting any, the browders are blocking my website for this issue... I highly appreciate your help.

P.s. My VHS server is on CentOS 6.10

1 Like

Please read:

The ACMEv1 API has been deprecated for some time now. (Read: more than two years.)

Please update your ACME client to use the new ACMEv2 API.

1 Like

If the way you try to get certificates is through your DirectAdmin control panel, then you probably just need to upgrade DirectAdmin.

However,

CentOS 6 is end-of-life and stopped getting security updates last year. Getting a certificate is the least of your problems; you need to upgrade to an OS that gets current security updates.

3 Likes

Can you guide me how to do that?

Like I said, if you way you get your certificate is by clicking a button in DirectAdmin, then you need to upgrade DirectAdmin. If you buy it directly from DirectAdmin, I'd suggest you contact them. If it's supplied by your hosting company, then I'd suggest you contact them. I searched on DirectAdmin's web site and found this page:

https://docs.directadmin.com/directadmin/general-usage/updating-da

But I don't have any specific experience with DirectAdmin so I won't be able to help you much, though perhaps somebody else here does?

But again, I want to be clear, that it's not like having a current certificate will actually keep your web connections secure if you're using it on a platform that doesn't get security updates.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.