Error updating certificates

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: https://ivan-bph.xyz/

I ran this command: sudo certbot certonly --webroot -w /home/balkan/www/frontend/web/ -d ivan-bph.xyz,www.ivan-bph.xyz -w /home/balkan/www/backend/web/ -d backend.ivan-bph.xyz,www.ivan-bph.xyz -w /home/balkan/www/storage/web/ -d storage.ivan-bph.xyz,www.ivan-bph.xyz

It produced this output: Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

An unexpected error occurred:

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /directory (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f0b703c30a0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution'))

Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

My web server is (include version): 1644

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 14.04 (64 Bit)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: contabo

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): [Webmin]

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @ivan.rudakov.g, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

Does the problem persist?

Wow! That is very old.

Please show the outputs of:
dig acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org +short
cat /etc/resolv.conf | grep -i nameserver

3 Likes

It seems like your server has no DNS client (properly) configured.

3 Likes

Yes, there was a failure on the server a month ago. Tell me how to fix this? I'm not an administrator or a programmer, but my admin is sick, can't work now

I have no idea what broke; So, it is difficult to be sure.
One thing is for sure: There should be a file /etc/resolv.conf
Maybe you can copy the contents of that file from another working server.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.