Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed:

Hello,

Since the Update from Lets Encrypt, im getting this error when I create a new certificate or renew:

Error: Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Could not obtain directory: Invalid response: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Error</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
An error occurred while processing your request.<p>
Reference&#32;&#35;97&#46;57f01202&#46;1495182976&#46;229c2cc3
</BODY></HTML>

Is this because of the Service Disruption or did I do something wrong with the update?

Hi there,
the same Error here:

Fehler: Fehler bei der Installation des SSL-Zertifikats von Let’s Encrypt: Could not obtain directory: Invalid response: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Error</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
Reference&#32;&#35;97&#46;5df01202&#46;1495185183&#46;29a3fa1c
</BODY></HTML>

Any help?

I hope this has to do something with the Service Disruption from Lets Encrypt because I updated it with Plesk and it says No Error. I have no idea how to fix this if its a Plesk issue… :confused:

I’m getting exactly the same via Plesk -

Error: Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Could not obtain directory: Invalid response: <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Error</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
Reference&#32;&#35;97&#46;57f01202&#46;1495187782&#46;22ec9ac4
</BODY></HTML>

Using Plesk 12.5.30 Update #66
Let’s Encrypt plug in version: 2.1.0 Release: 48

Hope that helps get a resolution…

Thanks,

Peter

System ‪Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬

Produkt Plesk Onyx
Version 17.5.3 Update #6

Let’s Encrypt
Version 2.1.0-48

This has to be a problem with the Server Disruption problem because everyone get this Error I feel like

This error is a result of an ongoing service disruption. Please follow status.letsencrypt.org for more information. We should have all of the remaining issues resolved shortly.

In the meantime I’m going to lock this thread since there isn’t a need for further discussion on this particular error. Please open a new thread if you need to resume discussion.

Thanks for your patience, we apologize for the disruption and I expect more detailed root cause information will be shared in the near future.