Error connecting to service: failed to get terms of service: parsing error: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value

Hello,

When attempting to install or renew an SSL certificate, we receive the following error on all our servers:

Error connecting to service: failed to get terms of service: parsing error: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value

I found a topic on the forum about people experiencing the same issue in the past. It is available here:

It indicates that the issue is caused due to service interruption on Let's Encrypt's end. However, I am looking at the status page of Let's Encrypt and there is no such disruption indicated. There is a scheduled maintenance for tomorrow, but not at the moment. Do you guys have an idea?

I am getting the same error. Was about to open a threat but looks like you did it before me :slight_smile: Guess everybody is affected by this problem. We will have to wait …

Hey @CatalinS , I also contacted the Let’s Encrypt support via email and they have released a critical update:

https://letsencrypt-for-cpanel.com/docs/release-notes/v0.11.0/

It is really amazing how those guys work, they responded with the fix in less than 30 minutes. It looks like it was not a service disruption after all. Updating the cPanel plugin fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

Please direct your questions relating to this exact error message to support@fleetssl.com . The issue is addressed in version 0.11.0:

yum clean all && yum -y install letsencrypt-cpanel.

I apologise for the error, it was a mistake in an underlying library.

Please accept this answers so others see it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.