Ejjabberd + windows + letsencrypt certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:sip.lumieclinic.com
I have installed ejabberd server on windows server but not able to install the letsencrypt certificate to secure my ejabberd server.
Can someone help to resolve this issue I am really in trouble .

Thanks
Atif

What problem are you running into specifically?

Well actually there is no specific documentation is available for ejabberd running on windows platform with letscencrypt specifically.

According to the documentation ejabberd requires privkey.pem,fullchain.pem files to run ejabberd server under SSL environment.

Can you please help me to generate these files for my domain sip.lumieclinic.com , Its pretty simple on linux platform but I am facing issues on windows platform.

If you guide me the tool for windows and steps to generate these files so that would resolve my issue.

Thanks you so much for prompt response and I am looking forward for the solution.

Thanks!

Hi @Atifshahzad

you can use the Windows-version of Certbot to create a certificate.

Then you have the pem files you need.

Hi,

I am running ejabberd on windows platform under my domain everything is working fine I only need SSL , can you please help me how to generate privkey.pem fullchain.pem to make it working on windows platform.

I highly appreciate your help.

Thanks

Thanks.

I installed the windows version of certbot and run the command to generate the certificate
certbot certonly --standalone --preferred-challenges http -d sip.lumieclinic.com
but I am getting this error
"Problem binding to port 80: Could not bind to IPv4 or IPv6.”

I know in linux we can see the list of services running on specific port and we can stop it but on windows I have stopped the IIS but still getting this error.

Now I am getting this error but my domain sip.lumieclinic.com has DNS record.

- The following errors were reported by the server:

** Domain: sip.lumieclinic.com**
** Type: None**
** Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for**
** _acme-challenge.sip.lumieclinic.com - check that a DNS record**
** exists for this domain**

Hi,

I run this command to get SSL using certbot on windows server.

C:\Windows\system32> certbot certonly --standalone --preferred-challenges http -d sip.lumieclinic.com

IMPORTANT NOTES:
←[0m - Your account credentials have been saved in your Certbot
configuration directory at C:\Certbot. You should make a secure
backup of this folder now. This configuration directory will also
contain certificates and private keys obtained by Certbot so making
regular backups of this folder is ideal.

Now there is new folder created at my c drive “certbot” and it has “csr” folder with “0000_csr-certbot.pem” and key folder and inside “0000_key-certbot.pem”.

I just wanted to know is it I got certificate successfully or is there any additional steps are required.

Thanks

Hi,

Can someone help me how to generate the acme challenge key for domain.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.