DreamWeaver image previews not working after SSL applied

I recently implemented LE on several of my sites, and since that implementation, I am not able to get ‘live’ previews of remotely hosted images while building pages in DreamWeaver’s design mode. I can see local files, but there seems to be an issue with DW displaying a secure connection of/to the image. I have selected “Display remote images” in DW’s settings. Everything else works just fine, and I can work around this, but it is slowing productivity on the design side. I am not sure if there is a setting or flag in the SSL cert that prevented images from displaying…or perhaps it’s a setting in my Plesk CP. Or perhaps there is a setting somewhat not obvious in DW to allow displaying of securely hosted images.

Not knowing where to start in the troubleshooting process is frustrating. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My domain is: charlestonvirtualhomes.com

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ‪Microsoft Windows Server 2016‬

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Codero

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Possible, but not a strength of mine

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Plesk Onyx, Version 17.8.11 Update #17

Hi,

I’m sorry that (at least) I can’t provide you with an answer… I’m suspecting that it might be an issue with the browser in Dreamweaver… (Since you don’t have an error message…and all my site’s assets loads correctly in Dreamweaver)

It might be helpful to open a thread on Adobe Dreamweaver support forum… Since we have limited information on this matter…(and Adobe might be able to get a error report from your software)

Thank you

Hi @atp1313

is there an error message? Shows DW the http - link?

Is it possible to create a screenshot of the problem?

No error message. Just a grey box/image placeholder. On the Adobe support forum, they are suggesting that the DW CS6 software is simply not coded for de-encrypting SSL images, but the CC version is capable of de-encryption (samples were shown). So it may just boil down to Adobe not wanting to provide upgrades to a functionally obsolete software suite in lieu of rolling out new “ground-up” packages. But for just $30/mo, I can subscribe to the Creative Cloud version and it will remain updated at all times. Really, it’s not a bad deal, just a bummer that this ‘otherwise fully functional’ software is ignored.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.