Docker on Raspberry Pi

I have a raspberry pi on which I am insatlling Docker and several Docker Apps. I need to get a certification to complete this task. Is this something you can provide?
MikeD

@MikeD339 welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

Please open a new [your own] help topic.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Hello @MikeD339, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Thank you for assisting us in helping YOU!

3 Likes

m trying to get certificatio to allow me to run Docker on my Raspberry Pi4 computer. I would like to open some of the Docker apps once the Docker is installed. my web site is www.coloradopicountry.us which currently runs on my Raspberry Pi4 under namecheap.
I hoppe you can help me with this
Mike

Please answer (at least some) of the questions asked here Docker on Raspberry Pi - #3 by Bruce5051

2 Likes

Can you explain the purpose of this or why you need this? Lots of people are running Docker without using any digital certificate. Is there a specific task or application that you have in mind that you know will require one?

3 Likes

There's ways to get a certificate within docker but the easiest option is to use a reverse proxy like Docker - this runs in it own container and all of your https request get directed there, it then loads whichever apps etc via the internal docker networking so they don't all need their own certificates setup withing each app container.

The advantage of having a front end proxy is that you can remove/reset your other containers without losing your certificate settings and you can ensure that you're not trying to get new certificates every time you start up your containers (and so avoid rate limits etc).

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.