Do we have a Solution for M1 Macs on Monterey

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: my libraries.online

I ran this command: brew install certbot certbot-apache

It produced this output:
Error: Invalid cask: /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-cask/Casks/wezterm.rb

Cask 'wezterm' is unreadable: undefined method `csv' for "20211205-192649,672c1cc1":Cask::DSL::Version

Error: Invalid cask: /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-cask/Casks/axure-rp.rb

Cask 'axure-rp' is unreadable: undefined method `csv' for "10.0.0.3854":Cask::DSL::Version

Error: Invalid cask: /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-cask/Casks/rekordbox.rb

Cask 'rekordbox' is unreadable: undefined method `csv' for "6.6.1,20211125100827":Cask::DSL::Version

Error: Invalid cask: /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-cask/Casks/holavpn.rb

Cask 'holavpn' is unreadable: undefined method `csv' for "2.40,1.191.311":Cask::DSL::Version

Error: Invalid cask: /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-cask/Casks/visual-paradigm.rb

Cask 'visual-paradigm' is unreadable: undefined method `csv' for "16.3,20211201":Cask::DSL::Version

Error: Cannot tap homebrew/cask: invalid syntax in tap!

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

brew install certbot is working on M1 Mac with Monterey.

Something looks broken with your Homebrew installation; I don't think it's Certbot related. Did you migrate your data from an Intel Mac by any chance?

I think you might need to try upgrade or reinstall Homebrew.

1 Like

I did reinstall Homebrew. Everything was working on Big Sur.

Does installing any other package work? e.g.

brew install the_silver_searcher
1 Like

Did you install home-brew on a virgin install of Monterey?

No It looks like I might have to start from scratch. It is saying I have the wrong installer.

Error: Cannot install in Homebrew on ARM processor in Intel default prefix (/usr/local)!
Please create a new installation in /opt/homebrew using one of the
"Alternative Installs" from:
https://docs.brew.sh/Installation
You can migrate your previously installed formula list with:
brew bundle dump
static:~ Duane$

Is this the correct command to enter into terminal to remove home-brew?

/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL [https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/install.sh](https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/install.sh)

Confirming new install on M1 is not working with macOS Monterey. Installed Xcode/Homebrew then go to install certbot and get below. Also reported online: Warning: No available formula with the name "certbot-apache". Did you mean certstrap? - Error Message

brew install certbot certbot-apache

Warning: No available formula with the name "certbot-apache". Did you mean certstrap?

==> Searching for similarly named formulae...

This similarly named formula was found:

certstrap

To install it, run:

brew install certstrap

==> Searching for a previously deleted formula (in the last month)...

Error: No previously deleted formula found.

==> Searching taps on GitHub...

Error: No formulae found in taps.

Alright just run brew install certbot for now

Yes, It worked for me with install certbot
Note I had to use this format to install certs for my sites.

sudo certbot certonly --webroot -w /Users/duane/Sites/wisdomquest -d wisdomquest.com --agree-tos --email cowboy@wisdomquest.com

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.