DNS Server does not work

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
https://www.secweb.me

I ran this command:
composer artisan acme:createssl bartvanwijk05@gmail.com letest

It produced this output:
Challenge validation failed: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for _acme
-challenge.secweb.me - check that a DNS record exists for this domain (urn:
ietf:params:acme:error:dns)

My web server is (include version):
Firefox (version i dont know)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Windows 10

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
Hostinger

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
I dont know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):
I am not using certbot

Problem:
I am building a Laravel Artisan command that makes it easy to make ssl certificates. I am using the DNS option. Now when I am trying to insert in Hostinger the dns server the ACMEv2 gives me (wich is _acme-challnge.secweb.me, it does not insert .secweb.me. This is making the problem that it does not validate the challenge. How do i fix this?

I can see your test _acme-challenge record ok. Note that you need to set the TXT record to the required challenge response which is not just the token value presented in the auth challenge info, it's a hashed key authorization: RFC 8555 - Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)

You also need to ensure all your nameservers are replying with the updated value before asking the CA to proceed with validation.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.