DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: dashboard.metricks.nl

I ran this command:
none.

It produced this output:
/var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Fedora release 34

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
Strato.nl

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
yes, for the dns records yes.

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

The server works as follows:
We are running a grafana server and are trying to add SSL to this server.
dashboard.metricks.nl is a subdomain from metricks.nl that is provided from strato.
strato then sends us to our Proxmox server where let's encrypt is installed on the Virtual machine with fedora and grafana. But we are getting the error, DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for www.dashboard.metricks.nl - check that a DNS record exists for this domain; NXDOMAIN looking up AAAA for www.dahboard.metricks.nl - chhheck that a DNS record exists for this domain.

Thanks!

2 Likes

You haven't setup www.dashboard.metricks.nl to point to your server IP in your domain DNS.

7 Likes

Thank you! We located the problem it was a typo...

Classic.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.