"DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A" on Network Solutions

I’ve used LE with NS a few times over the last year and never had this issue before, I was thinking NS was delaying the DNS update, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Are there any known issues with running LE on an NS hosted domain?

My domain is: turn.emtecsu.com

I ran this command:
certbot certonly --standalone --preferred-challenges http --deploy-hook “systemctl restart coturn” -d turn.emtecsu.com

It produced this output:

Domain: turn.emtecsu.com
Type: None
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for turn.emtecsu.com -
check that a DNS record exists for this domain

My web server is (include version):
AWS EC2

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Ubuntu 18.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):certbot 0.31.0

This isn't related to LE. The subdomain turn just were non-existant in your DNS zone up to a few seconds ago. While I was dig-ing, I first got the same NXDOMAIN, but a few seconds later, it returned an IP address.

You probably just need to wait longer before your DNS zone update has propogated properly to all authorative DNS servers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.