DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID error

My domain is: billsworthsoftware.com

I ran this command: https://billsworthsoftware.com/Billsworth Accounting Software Downloads/Professional 1.1/BillsworthAccountingSoftwareProfessionalDBInstaller.zip

It produced this output: The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.
Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

My web server is (include version): I am under HostGator shared hosting services and I use their basic website builder to build my website.

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): I am under HostGator shared hosting services and I use their basic website builder to build my website.

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Host Gator

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I think I can do that thru File Manager in CPanel

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): I use CPanel

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): had no idea

1 Like

Hi @shaiderchua

checking your domain via https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=billsworthsoftware.com - you see the problem.

Your certificate

CN=cpcontacts.billsworthsoftware.com
expires in 88 days	autodiscover.billsworthsoftware.com, 
cpanel.billsworthsoftware.com, 
cpcalendars.billsworthsoftware.com, cpcontacts.billsworthsoftware.com, 
mail.billsworthsoftware.com, webdisk.billsworthsoftware.com, 
webmail.billsworthsoftware.com, www.billsworthsoftware.com - 8 entries

has 8 domain names. But not billsworthsoftware.com.

So your www version is secure, your non-www version not.

Check if there is an option to create a certificate with the billsworthsoftware.com domain name.

2 Likes

Hi,

Can we just change the other certificate with the correct details e.g. billsworthsoftware.com

Thanks,

Shaider Chua

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.