CTRL F hijacking

There’s already a thread about CTRL F hijacking but it’s old and I cannot reply to it. I’ve also read the thread linking to Discourse, they say that it’s only for threads with over 20 replies or something…

The result is that CTRL F does not work as expected, browser functionality is broken. Is there an option in your instance of Discourse to disable hijacking browser shortcuts ? Is there anything a user can do ? I use “CTRL F” all the time (“all day long”), to search within the current web page, searching manually feels like 1982.

Thanks for any possible solution and/or your time.
: ]

I have sometimes been frustrated by this too, but I learned that as a workaround you can press Ctrl-F twice and that will let you use your browser’s ordinary search feature on the page.

4 Likes

Thanks. That seems to work indeed. : ]

Websites taking over usual shortcuts is counter productive, IMHO this should be considered a bug with Discourse. If anything, CTRL F twice should search within the parts of the current thread that have not been loaded and not within the whole website.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.