Connection refused error

Hello, Team

I'm trying to install certifications for several domains. But I have gotten connection refused error. Please see following details.

My domain is: corp-associe.jp, koshirophotography.com

I ran this command:
certbot certonly --apache-server-root=/usr/local/apache2 --apache-vhost-root=/usr/local/apache2/conf/extra --apache-challenge-location=/usr/local/apache2/conf -d www.corp-associe.jp -d www.koshirophotography.com -d blog.koshirophotography.com -d nightview.koshirophotography.com

It produced this output:
IMPORTANT NOTES:

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): RHEL 8

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

The version of my client is certbot 1.13.0

Here is additional comments that SSL port is enabled (firewall is no problem).
I had setup Let's Encrypt on CentOS8 successfully, but I'm trying to setup all my web site on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 version.

chmod 577 -R your site files

Hi, your port 443 (for https) is not open/responding but it looks like when validation was attempted your sites were redirecting to https.

@HardcoreGames, did you mean 755? I don't see why non-file-owners should get write permissions while the file owner shouldn't (which is implied by 577).

I have discussed this on several linux forums and chmod fixes them but I also chown them to www-data:www-data so that the owner is apache

Hi, All

Thank you so much your feedback. I have already changed directory owner to "apache". The folder permission has already been set to 755. So the user can access to the site. What else do I need to check??

Regards,

Hello again.

The problem has been fixed and I could get certifications.

Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Could you perhaps tell us, for if people find this thread through a search, what the solution was?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.