Certificate Validation in staging area

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

liams-cloud.com (attempting to dockerize a Django app with nginx-proxy & nginx-proxy-letsencrypt on AWS)

I went through a tutorial a couple of days ago that went through the process of dockerizing a Django app and securing it with Let's Encrypt. I was able to complete it and it worked fine. Today, I am trying to do the same thing with one of my own Django apps, but it's not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, after encountering problems with my own app, I went back to the tutorial app, and it's not working. What I mean is, the app loads, but the "Certificate is not valid".

Is there a way for me to test Certificate Validation in the staging area from the command line?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Yes, but you have to download the root certificate for the staging environment. Then you can read the manpage for openssl s_client or openssl verify to check the certificate is valid (only according to the staging environment)

Read more:

2 Likes

Thanks. I'll read up on it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.