Certificate isn't trusted errors

I have been having mail/spam probelems on the domain visit-watdhet.co.uk and ran the check at
https://check-your-website.server-daten.de
and it returned the following errors which i just do not understand. Certs are letencrypt and renewed by cron job on Centos OS (I am root) and host several virtual servers.

Can anyone give me a clue please on why these errors are showing?

If need more info then perhaps run the above test yourself.

Many thanks
JR
UK

N https://185.41.9.25/ 185.41.9.25
Error - Certificate isn’t trusted, RemoteCertificateNameMismatch, RemoteCertificateChainErrors
N visit-watchet.co.uk:995
Error - Certificate isn’t trusted, RemoteCertificateNameMismatch
N visit-watchet.co.uk:10000
Error - Certificate isn’t trusted, RemoteCertificateNameMismatch, RemoteCertificateChainErrors
N www.visit-watchet.co.uk:995
N www.visit-watchet.co.uk:10000
N 185.41.9.25:995
N 185.41.9.25:10000
1 Like

Hi @JRWatchet

read the port check part.

Both ports 995 / 10000 have the wrong certificate. 995 is a mail port, but that’s only POP3, so it’s used to download the mails. That shouldn’t affect your outgoing mails / spam score.

10000 is the webmin port, that’s your internal port.

The ip is checked to see, if SNI is required.

But your check shows a lot of other errors you should fix.

1 Like

Thanks for reply
sadly I am lost here! The base server is server.watchet.net and all mail uses the IP as outgoing server, SPF includes domains that send so that this error doesn’t matter

I am not sure what other errors I can fix as do not know what they are…I am used to programming machine code, not this deep!

My question is why does it show cert error when port 995 goes to the IP not the domain?

Sorry to be apain, any clues what to look for would be gratefully (very!) received.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.