Certificate expired web site not secured

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: repdom-roots.com or capvert-roots.com or islande-roots.com or newyio
I ran this command:

It produced this output: page not secured certificate expired

My web server is (include version): ovh

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: ovh

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Please answer all the questions to the best of your knowledge. This is mandatory to get adequate help.

1 Like

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ? Windows 2016

System (OS)

Debian 6.0 LTS (“Squeeze”) (oldoldstable) (End of Life: February 29, 2016)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: ovh

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): ? only mode rescue

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): plesk

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):–?

The message when we try to go to our domain show the following :

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.japon-roots.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Help improve Chrome security by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy

Back to safetyHide advanced

This server could not prove that it is www.japon-roots.com ; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer’s operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to www.japon-roots.com (unsafe)

I don't know what "mode rescue" means.

Did you also use Plesk to get and install the certificates?

Hello , i am not sure i am not the person that installed the certificate and configurate the server.

Well, without proper answers to the “root” question and if your certificate was installed by Plesk or not it’s very hard to help you.

no i got the anwear he didn’t use plesk just SSH

OK, well, then you need to figure out two things:

• how to get root access
  • what client was used to get the certificate (could be certbot so you might try running certbot certificates to see any certificates on your system if certbot was used)

Here the procedure he used to installed the certifdicate

He connected on cerbot in SSH
He put apache on the section my service web running

The problem is the servor is debian 6 and i am not sure i can renew today the expired let’s encrypte certificate on debian 6.
Also he used a old version of php older than php 5.6

So the question is can i renew my certificate on debian 6 ?

Or should i use other certificate ?

all my site are down now

So you're using certbot.

What does certbot renew do? And please don't answer just "it didn't work" if it doesn't work, but also give the actual output of the command.

So if i download cerbot certificate it will renew my SSL certificate ? on Debian 6 ?

Thank you

I do have the root access

Yes i do have the root access and he used cerbot so i will try to install the cerbot certificate

The program certbot should be already installed if it was previously used on this server. You should be able to just run the command certbot certificates and certbot renew in SSH (as root). No downloading required.

Thank you i will try this am and let you know how it goes
thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.