Certbot und cpanel certbot-dns-cpanel

On the server https://ekwo.info I have a Centos 7 with cpanel and the letsencrypt tool for Cpanel.
That works so far well.
Now I need the keys for the main domain and some subdomains in Apache and I found a tool called certbot-dns-cpanel but when I installed the certbot per yum I notice that the following error occurred when calling certbot --help
I hope someone can help me here, that besides the Cpanel the necessary keys are also available under apache and I can certify you for programs outside of Cpanel.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/bin/certbot”, line 5, in
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3241, in
@_call_aside
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3225, in _call_aside
f(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3254, in _initialize_master_working_set
working_set = WorkingSet._build_master()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 583, in _build_master
ws.require(requires)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 900, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 794, in resolve
new_requirements = dist.requires(req.extras)[::-1]
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2735, in requires
“%s has no such extra feature %r” % (self, ext)
pkg_resources.UnknownExtra: requests 2.6.0 has no such extra feature ‘security’

Hi @ekwo

checking

that's a Certbot plugin to use dns-01 validation, if the dns server is managed by cPanel.

That's not that what you want.

But: Never mix cPanel and other tools. That can't work. The error message may be part of that problem.

Use cPanel or use Certbot. But not both.

Yeah, that’s the tool I mean.
How do I get the keys from the Cpanel into the apache directory or where is the Certbot at cpanel which I have to call with this tool?

ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/voice.example.com/fullchain.pem;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/voice.example.com/privkey.pem;

I need for SSL certification these details at this location simultaneously on my server

Check the cPanel documentation. But perhaps the paths are invisible or blocked.

PS: cPanel has a certificate management:

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/Guide+to+SSL

Using that - perhaps that shows the paths.

But it’s possible that cPanel hides these paths.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.