Certbot Syntax Error

My domain is: redspro.redangus.org

I ran this command: certbot renew

It produced this output:
Cert is due for renewal, auto-renewing…
Could not choose appropriate plugin: The requested nginx plugin does not appear to be installed
Attempting to renew cert (redspro.redangus.org-0001) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/redspro.redangus.org-0001.conf produced an unexpected error: The requested nginx plugin does not appear to be installed. Skipping.

Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/redspro.redangus.org.conf
renewal config file {} is missing a required file reference
Renewal configuration file /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/redspro.redangus.org.conf is broken. Skipping.
All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/redspro.redangus.org-0001/fullchain.pem (failure)

All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/redspro.redangus.org-0001/fullchain.pem (failure)

Additionally, the following renewal configuration files were invalid:
/etc/letsencrypt/renewal/redspro.redangus.org.conf (parsefail)

1 renew failure(s), 1 parse failure(s)

nginx 1.4.4

CentOS 6.4

I can login as root

No control panel

the .conf file is empty. How can I get this to renew? Manually is fine, I just need it to work. When I try and do it manually I get the following:
./certbot --nginx -d redpros.redangus.org -d www.redpros.redangus.org
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
The requested nginx plugin does not appear to be installed

It seems you don’t have certbot’s nginx plugin installed. How did you install certbot? What version is it (certbot --version)?

You might need to install the nginx plugin as a separate package. If you can’t find it, maybe you could use certbot-auto (which might be a good idea anyway, if your version of certbot isn’t up to date), or you could use certonly and reload nginx with a hook:

certbot certonly --webroot -w /var/www/whatever -d redpros.redangus.org -d www.redpros.redangus.org --deploy-hook "service nginx restart"

or possibly (with older versions):

certbot certonly --webroot -w /var/www/whatever -d redpros.redangus.org -d www.redpros.redangus.org --renew-hook "service nginx restart"

You might also need to delete the empty conf file, though I don’t think it does any harm to leave it as long as another correct one exists as well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.