Certbot is Borken, Can't renew, too many errors!

Note that I have already succesfully used this installation to obtain and renew certs but when I went in and ran the command ./certbot-auto renew or /certbot-auto it breaks with lots of errors.

Here is the dump file of the console

Here is some sidenotes:

My installed version for python is 2.6.6

Update:

I have updated python version 2.7 but still having the problem

Note that I have upgraded PIP version to 9…0.1 but it still shows this warning about pip.

can anyone give me a direction?

hi sisir

I believe there is a log file which you can review and see if anything pops

Are you running as root as this has caused a few issues in the past

I am running it as root.

btw, i have found this issue, there is an workaround given but I don’t know how to do it https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/2902

I don’t think that issue is related - it seems to be about urllib3, while your error happens during cffi compilation.

Any chance you’re doing this on a low-memory system, or that there’s very little free memory on your server (free -h to check)? You might be running into this issue:

(192MB being just a sample of too little RAM, not sure what the exact memory usage would be.)

the out of free -h is

total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          1.8G       1.6G       221M       412K       155M       633M
-/+ buffers/cache:       858M       1.0G
Swap:         511M        34M       477M

That looks fine. Was there anything else that changed on that server between the time certbot worked and when you first encountered that error? Any chance you installed a custom openssl version (i.e. not the one you get through the default repo via yum)?

I ran the command second time and this time the free memory came around 144M. So, i think it may be the memory issue after all. I will kill some httpd processes and try to reran the command.

According to your log, you are missing vital header files:

[...]
    In file included from /usr/include/python2.7/Python.h:8,
                 from c/_cffi_backend.c:2:
/usr/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h:1:27: error: bits/wordsize.h: No such file or directory
/usr/include/python2.7/pyconfig.h:8:2: error: #error "Unknown word size"
In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/include/syslimits.h:7,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/include/limits.h:11,
                 from /usr/include/python2.7/Python.h:19,
                 from c/_cffi_backend.c:2:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.7/include/limits.h:122:61: error: limits.h: No such file or directory
[...]

It looks like you are missing the glibc-headers package (I don’t use Centos, but a quick google search turned up that name…). Try installing that and try again!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.