Certbot 1.4.0 has just been released. The changelog entry for the release is:
1.4.0 - 2020-05-05
- Turn off session tickets for apache plugin by default when appropriate.
- Added serial number of certificate to the output of
- Expose two new environment variables in the authenticator and cleanup scripts used by
CERTBOT_REMAINING_CHALLENGESis equal to the number of challenges
remaining after the current challenge,
CERTBOT_ALL_DOMAINSis a comma-separated list
of all domains challenged for the current certificate.
- Added TLS-ALPN-01 challenge support in the
acmelibrary. Support of this
challenge in the Certbot client is planned to be added in a future release.
- Added minimal proxy support for OCSP verification.
- On Windows, hooks are now executed in a Powershell shell instead of a CMD shell,
*.batas valid scripts for Certbot.
- Reorganized error message when a user entered an invalid email address.
- Stop asking interactively if the user would like to add a redirect.
mockdependency is now conditional on Python 2 in all of our packages.
- Deprecate certbot-auto on Gentoo, macOS, and FreeBSD.
- When using an RFC 8555 compliant endpoint, the
acmelibrary no longer sends the
resourcefield in any requests or the
typefield when responding to challenges.
- Fix nginx plugin crash when non-ASCII configuration file is being read (instead,
the user will be warned that UTF-8 must be used).
- Fix hanging OCSP queries during revocation checking - added a 10 second timeout.
- Standalone servers now have a default socket timeout of 30 seconds, fixing
cases where an idle connection can cause the standalone plugin to hang.
- Parsing of the RFC 8555 application/pem-certificate-chain now tolerates CRLF line
endings. This should fix interoperability with Buypass’ services.
More details about these changes can be found on our GitHub repo.